You must hold a valid certificate to teach in Cullman County Schools.  For additional information regarding Alabama certificate requirements, visit the Educator Certification Section of the Alabama State Department of Education website at http://www.alsde.edu/sec/ec/Pages/home.aspx.

Current employees may contact Denise Schuman (dschuman@ccboe.org) in the Human Resources Department with any questions regarding certification, renewal or reinstatement of an Alabama Professional Educators Certificate.  Current employees should contact Katrina Putman (kputman@ccboe.org) for Verification of a Higher Degree.

It is the responsibility of every educator to know when his/her certificate expires.  We recommend that educators complete an annual self-audit of their certificate.  The self-audit includes verifying the expiration date on the certificate, verifying the professional development clock hours required for renewal and verifying the number of professional development clock hours currently earned.  If an educator holds a Professional Leadership Certificate, the educator must earn the required professional learning units required for renewal. 

To search/verify certificates held by an individual, visit the Alabama State Department of Education Certification Search website by clicking here

Notice of Non-discrimination

The Cullman County Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:

April Tucker (Title IX Coordinator)

PO Box 1590

Cullman, AL 35056


Tiffanye Mitchell (504 Coordinator)

17600 US Hwy 31 N

Cullman, AL 35058



The Cullman County Board of Education is committed to ensuring all information placed on its website is accessible to individuals with disabilities in compliance with requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504) and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Title II). If you have a disability and need assistance accessing website content or if you would like to report inaccessible content, please contact the webmaster at its@ccboe.org. For information about how to file a complaint under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II, please see CCBOE’s grievance procedure here

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.